Monday, December 10, 2007

Final Presentation 15th Sept, Saturday!



My final thesis presentation at SCI-Arc on 15th Sept 2007. There were at least 60 people total at my presentation! Quite a daunting sight I must say.

Fortunately, with God's grace and mercy, I managed to pull it off. Many thanks to my thesis adviser, Rob Ley. Also to my super dedicated helpers, without whom I would not have been able to put up such a massive presentation.

One of the comments from the panel went in my favour. The comment was(as accurate as I can remember), "The way you have orchestrated the whole presentation, using almost every media possible, is somewhat very manipulative."

Other comments are:
> This discussion can actually go on for another hour!
> What you are trying to do is actually to investigate a new methodology, marketing a new framework for critical discussion about architecture and city planning with policy makers.
> Hey! Pirate!
> ... ... (many more, but I cannot remember at this point)

Besides my main thesis adviser, Rob Ley, who believed in me and given me tremendous support during the whole thesis ordeal, there are also these wonderful individuals who have so kindly offered their intellect and advice to me from time to time >>
- Michael Speaks Architecture Critic and Writer
- Edward Keller principal of A|UM Studio & a.CHRONO
- Christian Lorenz Sheurer Established Film Concept Artist
- Jawn Lim Designer at Gehry Partners
- Gesa Buttner Designer at Gehry Partners

The jury panel consists of >>
- Tom Wiscombe Principal of Emergent
- William E. Massie (Bill) Associate Professor of Architecture at Rensselear Polytechnic Institute
- Peter Testa Principal of Peter Testa Architects
- Mark Goerner
Established Film Concept Artist

- Christian Lorenz Sheurer Established Film Concept Artist
- Jawn Lim Designer at Gehry Partners
- Anthony Vidler Cooper Union Architecture Dean
- Nanako Umemoto principal of Reiser + Umemoto RUR Architecture
- Edward Keller principal of A|UM Studio & a.CHRONO
- Heather Roberge principal of Gnuform
- Rob Ley principal of Urbana
- Heather Flood principal of
F Lab
- Craig Hodgetts principal of Hodgetts & Fung

My wonderful thesis helpers consists of (please forgive me if I missed out anyone by mistake. I will update the names in their full version asap) >>
- Robert Cha Rendering & Animation
- Jessie Madrid Video Editing
- Dave O'Regan Video Editing
- Lennard Ong Video Editing
- Jeffrey Ang Presentation Boards
- Yunong Chuo Physical Models
- Xuan He Physical Models
- Prabhu Sugumar 3D Modelling
- Jiwon Eom Physical Models
- Reine Wong Presentation
- Jawn Lim Concept, Ideas-Bouncer
- Sylvia Bay Presentation Boards + Super Flat Screen TV sponsor!
- Philip Ramirez Installation Construction
- Jared Poenisch Installation Construction & Presentation Montage
- Linawati Hasmy Physical Models

There are so much more that I wish to say. But I will leave those for another time. Sorry for the lag in entries. I promise to update with the final boards and also future plans for the post-SCI-Arc development of the thesis as well as details of my thesis presentations in Singapore to the government authorities, design institutions, firms and public.

No comments: