Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Be Small and Wrong

A inspiration just dawned on me(during a daily essential 'event' better not mentioned here... if you are about to have a meal), specifically on how to best express my thesis:

Look BIG .... ... think small
>> With the massive scale of urban and architecture projects now, there is the tendency to look at the big picture, think in terms of big ideas and strokes. In my thesis, on the contrary, I am advocating to take into account of the small things, the minute intricacies in society and living structure; even dissimilar facts that seemingly has nothing whatsoever to do with planning of the city and architecture.


Get RIGHT ... ... do wrong
>> Normally, decisions and ideas are taken from successful examples in order to create a design or planning that would guarantee a certain degree of correctness. Here in my thesis, on the contrary, I am taking previously ostracized and avoided strategies and giving them a new value and outlook in a new time era. Bad things need not be bad all the time for everything.

1 comment:

hann said...

Small and Wrong! Haha! That's two things I've been my whole life! =P

Let's hope being small and wrong really leads up to something big, then maybe I've got something to look forward to ;)