Wednesday, June 13, 2007

In the Beginning ...

It is now 2.27 am, Los Angeles time, 13 June 07, at my thesis pit in SCI-Arc. Pretty excited about setting up my first personal blog for my thesis, titled Pirated City. Sure hope there will be interested parties viewing the upcoming entries and giving me feedback. Do also visit www.urbanthesis.net(up and running by this weekend) to see other interesting theses. This website is a combined effort to highlight the importance of such a genre of urban thesis. Watch for more posts!

2 comments:

hann said...

Hi bro!!!

It's really heartening to know you've set up a blog for your thesis. It's a GREAT way of documenting your ideas and thought processes, and as you approach the end of your architectural education, I'm sure the process of documentation in itself will reveal new things about yourself that you never knew existed!

The same went for me for my thesis blog last semester. It was certainly a labour of love, and you definitely make it a point to update it as often as you can. Do get people to comment on it though, as it only truly serves its purpose if it can function as an infrastructure for viral data sharing. =)

I'll drop by from time to time and drop my comments (if they do count for anything at all!!)... and here's wishing you the very best for thesis.

You've been a great help, and I'm sure that positive energy, when channeled into your thesis, will lead on to things that no one has ever seen before!!! ;)

God speed!

hann said...

Oh yes, I haven't actually updated my project blog in the latter stages! But some earlier posts have links to external influences and concepts which MAY be helpful, after browsing through some of your subsequent entries.

The keitai city reference - is one that piques me, probably because it isn't something that's strictly borne out of any academic arrangement or research base, but rather ideas of the people who actually USE the technologies that define World 2.0. Do check out the winners for the 2006 version of that competition as well.